Product Review - Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In Conditioner

/
4 Comments
A few months back I was in Target picking up some household items and somehow ended up in the Hair and Beauty Isle. I swear I had no intention of purchasing yet another hair product. I just wanted to browse (LiesToldOnSavvySammy.com)

But this product caught my eye and had me at Hellurrrrr! I think the creator known as BlackOnyx on YouTube is a marketing genius just off the product packaging alone!! It was just so darn beautiful and then I did the proverbial sniff-sniff and knew I had found a new baby for my stash. 



Price: $12.99 for 8oz or $19.99 for 16oz

Alikay's Claims:  "The PERFECT moisture solution for ALL HAIR TYPES A lightweight leave in conditioner that penetrates deep into hair cortex to lock in moisture, soften, strengthen and condition each strand. Infused with Essential oils, Aloe Vera and Silk Amino Acid that repair dry damaged hair to promote moisture from the inside the cuticle. The lemon zest scent is yummy and refreshing. Hair will feel silky soft and ready to be styled pretty"
  
Key Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(Aloe Vera Juice) , Cetearyl Alcohol(Coconut derived), Stearalkonium Chloride(Coconut derived), Silk Amino Acids(Natural protein), Vegetable Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cymbopogon Flexosus ( Lemongrass) Oil Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Natural Detangling Agent), Sorbic Acid(Food Grade Preservative), Fragrance (Parfum), Color Additives, Botanical Blend

 Stand-Out Ingredients: 1. Silk Amino Acid: Natural water soluble protein source, penetrates deep into hair to strengthen, nourish and rebuild damaged hair cuticle. Moisture binding properties repair and protect hair.2. Aloe Vera Juice: Moisturizes and conditions, Smoothes hair cuticle, seals moisture in, Strengthens cortex of damaged hair 3. Lemongrass Oil : Strengthens hair follicles, reduces hair shedding, Promotes shine and volume

Directions: When using as a leave in- After washing hair, Spray on wet hair. Be sure to saturate each strand of hair, to ensure proper coverage. Style as usual. Can also be used as a daily moisturizing spray, simply spray onto hair then style as usual.

Savvy's Claims

This has been my staple leave-in for the past 8 months. I just ordered my 3rd bottle. If I had to use one word to describe how I feel about this product it will have to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious but that would not be fair to you guys! 
This product appealed to my sense of sight, smell and touch from the jump! 
I LOVE the product packaging - I feel like if I stare at it long enough I'll be transported to a tropical Island laying up in a Cabana sipping on some Mai Tais. 
It comes in the spray pump bottle and distributes evenly throughout the hair.
The consistency is perfect. It's light and runny but not watery- it definitely has some level of viscosity to it due to the Shea Butter.
I've use this leave- in on wet hair after my wash as well as dry hair for a refresher and each time it leaves my hair soft and very moisturized. It really does hydrate my strands and makes detangling a whole lot easier. I also use this on my daughter's natural hair especially after the pool because the chlorine leaves her hair so dry and rough and it just melts into her hair as well. I can spray my hair with this every single day but there's no product build up or tacky feel. Most importantly it does not weigh my hair down and provides moderate shine.

The only critique I can possibly have for this product is that the lemon-y smell is on fleek so if you're averse to strong scents you may not dig it.  I promise you it's not overpowering though. It eventually fades away. If you love citrus-y scents you're going to adore this product because not only does it smell like a lemon Meringue pie....it performs as claimed.

Thus far the best Leave-In conditioner I've used and my absolute favorite on wash days.  It's attained Holy grail status and I will continue to purchase as long as they make it.

Who amongst you have tried this Leave-In? 

Chime in below and let me know.

Love Out Loud
Sammy















You may also like

4 comments :

  1. This looks like a product that would be right up my alley. I'm currently using (and enjoying) Jane Carter Restore Moisture Mist, but I'm always up for trying something new. Great review, Sammy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. It really is a great product to have. I've read good reviews on the Jane Carter line as well. So many awesome products out there so little moolas...lol

      Delete
  2. I've been eyeing this product because of the ingredients but it's ALWAYS sold out at my Target! HMPH! LOL!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete